I finished reading The Raven Boys with Ashley @ Falling Down the Book Hole this week – and we LOVED IT! If you’ve been following our posts this month you already know that we’ve loved the book from the beginning and the last few chapters were no exception. I think our only complaint would be that we were both left with so many questions! Honestly, it’s not even much of a complaint because all the questions have just made us more excited for the second book. Here are a few of the things we were left wondering about at the end (this may be spoilery!):
- What does Adam’s sacrifice mean for his future? How is it going to affect him?
- How much do the ladies of 300 Fox Way know about the ley line? Were they aware of Whelk’s previous attempts to wake it?
- Where did Neeve go?! Was it moving her mirrors that made her disappear? If not, what was she doing with the mirrors?
- Are we going to hear more about Blue’s dad? He seems important!
- Will we find out more about Ronan’s handwriting on the rock in the Cabeswater?
- WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS?! Yes, yes, I know, suspension of disbelief.
- We’d also like to know more about the Lynch boys in general, we keep getting hints that there’s more depth to why Ronan is the way he is and we want to know more (honestly, I just want to know all the things about Ronan).
Despite the questions, the book was a fantastic read from start to finish and left me wanting more in the very best way! If you’ve read The Raven Boys I’d love to hear what questions you were left with at the end of the book – and if you’ve had the chance to read The Dream Thieves, hush hush! I’m waiting for the paperback!
Keep your eye out for a full review of the book here, and over at Ashley’s blog too – we’re hoping to have them up soon! And just for fun, here’s a picture of my kitty Lex trying to help me write this post!